"For my kids school fair I volunteered to do egg-less brownies, base was my tried and tested egg-less chocolate cake recipe and went thru some 20+ brownie recipes ( egg-less, vegan etc..) and finally wound up with an absolutely yummy and easy egg-less brownie recipe. Baked some 3 kgs of it, enjoyed by all, hope you do so too..."
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups castor sugar
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda (use baking powder if you do not have soda)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre heat oven at 170 degrees centigrade
- Take a baking tin of 9" x 13" or similar size and oil the tin well.
- Take 1 tbsp of flour and sprinkle it over the oiled tin making sure it is well covered, remove any excess flour by inverting tin
- Warm milk, add the vinegar and let the mixture curdle
- Mix all dry ingredients - flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda,salt and baking powder in a bowl
- Add the wet ingredients- curdled milk,oil and vanilla essence to the flour mixture
- Beat with a whisk, by hand, till just mixed (mixture will be thick and sticky, do not over beat)
- Pour into the oiled tin and if wanted add nuts ( coated in flour), pushing them in the batter slightly
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes or till done, and toothpick inserted in centre, comes out slightly sticky, with a few crumbs stuck to it ( Do not over bake, else it will be dry like a cake and not fudgy like a brownie)
- This recipe, makes approximately 1 kg, of 12 pieces of 3" x 3" brownies
- If you want to add nuts, be sure to coat them with flour, else they will sink to the bottom.
- Any other additions, like chocolate chips etc., all to be coated in flour before mixing in batter or decorating on top